1. Lay a level on the countertop and determine the lowest point.
3. Then snap or draw a line 1/2-inch below the first line. This second line is where the tops of each cut tile will be aligned as the tiles are installed onto the wall.
5. Place your first tile (either left, right or center) with its top edged aligned to the 6-1/2-inch mark. Lightly mark either the left or right edge of the tile on the wall so placement is consistent.
7. Cut the tile along the scribed line using a tin snips.
2. Measure up 6-1/2-inches from the low point and snap or draw a level line across the area to be covered in Aspect Stone tiles. This line is the scribe reference line.
4. Use coins, a wood block or other material to hold the point of a pencil 1/2-inch off of the countertop. All scribing and cutting of tiles must be done with the adhesive backer, or release film, remaining on the tiles.
6. Scribe along the tile bottom using the pencil held off the countertop 1/2-inch.
8. Dry fit the tile to your edge mark and the lower line. Recut, file or adjust as necessary for each tile in the first row.
Done correctly, the first row now aligns with the lower line and fits nicely along the countertop. Install the remaining tiles according to the Aspect Peel and Stick Stone Tile Backsplash Installation Guide.